Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Welcome

Hello Everyone,
Today, July 4th, I am doing something that I committed to doing on my list on New Years resolutions. Seven months later, yep, seven months, but at least I am doing it. My resolution, to begin a design blog.

 Let me tell you a bit about myself for those of you who don't know me well. I am a 34 year old woman following her dream of a career in Interior design. It is not just something that I enjoy, it is something I become thirsty for and do as a therapeutic pass time. I am also a wife of 16 years and a mom to two beautiful, challenging, smart and  fun children. My family....













All right folks. Now that you know a little bit about the very basics of me. Let's talk design...

There are very few styles that I don't love at the very least appreciate. 
Modern, Eclectic, Contemporary, Traditional, Transitional, Mediterranean, I could go on and on. Victorian is probably the only style that I have had a hard time embracing but as you can see in this settee that I LOVE touches of it can be gorgeous. The modern simple fabric helps this piece to step into this century while still embracing the stylings of another era. Can't you just see this in a fabulously feminine office design.









I love to create spaces, both residential and commercial. I also love to create floral designs. To keep this post from becoming to long winded I am going to only share on of my most recent projects, which is our church platform area. Here is what it looked like before...







This was the home of the Traditional service and has been this way for about 20 years. We recently had some change in venues and now this is used for both the Contemporary Service and the Traditional Service. I was asked to used some of the built in fixtures, such as the wood wall in the background and the stone that can be seen so it was a challenge in bringing the old and the new together. Here are some of the design solutions offered...

and these are the after photos....this is bad I realized just now I have no "after" photos....well...to be continued....

1 comment:

  1. Netti-
    Great blog! I didn't know you were the one that designed the new stage and area! Awesome Job...
    Katie

    ReplyDelete